“The student center currently serves as a family room on our campus. Renovations to Wren will help in developing an area where students can continue to share heartfelt experiences and create lifelong memories.”
–Kiane Douglas, Class of 2018, First-year Mentor, Phonathon Team Member and member of Student Conduct Board
- The renovation of Wren Student Union will ensure that student life at the university is centered in a space which is modern, attractive, and functional.
- The renovation project will intentionally focus on a building that has never seen its full use and capacity due to design limitations. The building remains out-of-date and under-utilized.
- The renovation of Wren will impact each floor of the current facility with significant changes and upgrades throughout.
- The first floor will include a total renovation and relocation of the fitness center. This will include a fitness area for both universal and free weights, cardio fitness machines, additional exercise rooms, and an indoor cycling room. The first floor will also hold a refurbished/relocated post office and a new student recreation/game room facility.
- The second floor will feature an upgraded Timberline lounge area, a total refit for the Lion’s Den café, and a reimagined multipurpose space in the space now occupied by the Blue Lounge. This space will offer significant upgrades to both indoor and outdoor event space, training rooms, and a kitchen.
- The third floor modifications will create space for all of the Student Development division to be housed under one roof for the first time in years. Additional areas dedicated to student organizations and meeting space are planned.